Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9 - Tragicomedy Today


"The saddest tale told on land and sea..."

Well, perhaps the rest of the line is less relevant, but then again, one never knows.




And, like Samuel Beckett,

"The tears stream down my cheeks from my unblinking eyes. What makes me weep so? . . .

I'll never know, in the silence you don't know, you must go on, I can't go on, I'll go on."

[The Unnamable (1954)]



Off to St. Mary's, past Fairfield Vineyard Hill,



with Twin Sisters



and Buckhorn Peak as sentinels. Music from Michael Praetorius (1571-1621) to Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643) in the morning class, then Frederic Chopin Prelude in E Minor dictation for afternoon. Extra quiz/composition sessions and lab time follow, finishing instrumental recording of Saul! Saul!: XIII.-XV. Nice long talk with Doug re current events, then home to Harriet with more of same, followed by writing the Jackie O review (accidentally discover how to paste-in gmail pics) and Quiz 5 for the Enlighteners, plus orchestrating another page of King David: I.